- 1/2 cup cake and pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Mae's Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 can Lager beer
- 4 - 6 white fish fillets cod or halibut
- 1/2 pkg lard tenderflake
- Mix together, flours, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, Mae's Cajun and garlic.
- Stir in beer. If too thick add abit of water. This mixture should be like pancake batter.
- Start melting the lard in cast iron. Once melted put it to medium - high heat.
- Pat fish down with some flour. Not a thick coating just a light dusting.
- Dredge fish in the fish batter and one piece at a time start placing them in the hot lard.
- Fry the fish until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Cajun Blackened Rub – True Louisiana Flavour!
This Cajun Blackened Rub is a blend that includes: Spices (garlic, onion, chili powder, and spices) herbs, brown sugar and sea salt. Our Cajun Blackened Rub is a quality meat rub for the BBQ enthusiast seeking that down south flavour. It’s an essential seasoning for gumbo, jambalaya, and blackened chicken and salmon.
You can also use this amazing Cajun Blackened Rub on Vegetables or any dish that you are looking to get that deep south flavour. Mae’s Cajun Blackened Rub explodes with epic flavours. Eliminate the guesswork and choose Mae’s Cajun Seasoning spice combination that is made with no artificial preservatives.
Weight: 80 grams
43 in stock