Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 can 540 ml chickpeas drained
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Mae's Seasonings Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Mae's Seasonings Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Mae's Garlic and Peppers Seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Put drained chickpeas in a saucepan. Sprinkle with baking soda. Put enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a strainer, drain the chickpeas and run cold water over them. Set aside.
- Then in food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, roasted garlicand tahini. Process for about 1 minute. Then add salt, cumin, paprika and Mae’s Garlic & Peppers. Process again. Then add olive oil and process; add water and process again for another minute.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
For more info on Mae's Garlic and Pepper Seasoning:https://maesseasonings.com/product/garlic-pepper-seasoning/
Garlic Pepper Seasoning
Garlic Pepper Seasoning is a great versatile seasoning to add to sauces, pasta sauces, marinades and so much more. This Garlic Pepper seasoning is a blend of spices including dehydrated red bell pepper, garlic and onion to name a few; plus has a hint of brown sugar, salt and pepper. Our Garlic Pepper Seasoning is jam packed with flavour that will bring boldness to any meal. Using our Garlic Pepper Seasoning will allow you to be confident in knowing your dish will taste awesome. Mae’s Seasonings spice combinations are made with no artificial preservatives.
Weight: 80 grams